Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fashion and Earth are two contradicting words, but two of my biggest loves.


Borrowed Jewel is a metaphor for the Earth -something that is price-less and precious; and which we only ever truly borrow. We are born on Earth and then leave once again...


I have always considered myself an Earth-loving and caring person, but I only ever had a superficial understanding of Earth's condition/need for sustainability. I never understood HOW I could make a difference to its state until earlier this year when I was introduced to the concept of sustainability in fashion and textile design at UTS, during my third year of the course. I have taken a year off from studying to continue modelling full-time and be able to travel to Europe. This blog is my exploration in understanding how precious our Earth is and finding ways/learning how to protect it, just as I would a borrowed piece of expensive jewellery.



‘Glance at the sun.

See the moon and the stars.

Gaze at the beauty of earth’s greenings.

Now, think.’ - Hildegard Von Bingen’ (McDonough and Braungart 2002)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Every single comment is completely appreciated. Thanks for leaving your mark on my page ♡

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...