Friday, October 22, 2010

A word of Advice. 


'When you fixate out loud on some physical part that you don't like about yourself, whether it's your thighs, your nose, your middle, or any body part you imagine to be your most grotesque flaw, you may be teaching your daughter that the whole package of "who we are" doesn't matter. Instead, we teach them to pick themselves apart and dissect their flaws....[w]e teach them to imagine that other people look at them and see only the things they don't like about themselves. And we teach them not to trust their own judgement about what beauty really is.' (Chadwick, d. 2009, pp 36 -37)


I had a friend ask me to watch her as she went down the catwalk to see how she did. A feature of her that I admired the most ended up being the thing she wanted me to check looked OK. To her it was a flaw but to my eyes it was a unique and beautiful feature -and so fashion!! I was in shock when she told me she was insecure about it. Just goes to show we all need to learn that flaws are generally unique features that set us apart from others -and should be our proudest elements of our bodies (or personalities)!




IMPERFECTION is PERFECTION! -Not sure where I saw this quote but I truly believe it with all of my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every single comment is completely appreciated. Thanks for leaving your mark on my page ♡

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...