Wednesday, December 15, 2010


This project by Stratis, Vassilis, Angelo, Panagiotis + editor Jessica Smyrou is simply special. It allows people to share their insecurities + explain how they finally overcame their differences + self-acclaimed flaws. I find when you tell someone a general concern, about health, body image, or anything actually, it releases stress and helps ease the situation or problem; I believe this project has this aspect in mind -to  make problems seem tiny by discussing them + letting the world know that no one is alone. Vassilis who shared turns at photographing, with Stratis, got me to pull my nose out, poke at it, do all kinds of weird things to make it look bigger, which at first I was so shy -thinking to myself  'no way! I don't want it to look any bigger or weirder than it already is!!!' Finally, not wanting to be a bore I gave it a shot + actually had fun not caring how it would turn out ...and to my surprise there was not one shot that I hated or felt insecure about. Not realising that shoot would be the thing to seal the deal on my insecurity, I'm so happy I was given the opportunity to be a part of their project + look forward to its progression. 

*Keep a look out for Lauren Garrison's pic. we shot together and seeing her end result was divine -true natural beauty from the inside, out.




‘I love your nose, it’s YOU’ -my best friend in high school.
This comment made me stop for the first time and view myself and my nose through my best friend’s eyes. My self-acclaimed flaw was actually a unique feature which she considered beautiful. From that comment I realized the truth of how we grow up dissecting every minute detail of ourselves. We compare elements to those that frequent the fashion media and thus learn to disregard our own judgment of beauty. Having been so insecure about my profile, which did not reflect many others’, it is a huge relief nowadays to be disappointed when told my profile resembles someone else’s; I prefer to be unique.


- On a same note -Australian model, Miranda Kerr, is launching her book Treasure Yourself. She told Elle that '[i]t’s about encouraging young women to embrace their individuality. You may think it’s easy for me to say, but we all have insecurities. It’s important, as women, to get past all of that and let our talents shine.' - (http://www.thevine.com.au/entertainment/news/miranda-kerr-wants-you-to-treasure-yourself20100517.aspx)

2 comments:

Every single comment is completely appreciated. Thanks for leaving your mark on my page ♡

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...